Andouille sausage pasta is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of cooking experience. This versatile dish gives you the freedom to add different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor to your liking. Don’t worry, you are a few steps away from creating an indulgent sausage pasta dish.
Andouille Sausage Pasta
A luxurious Andouille Sausage Pasta recipe that pairs penne with a decadent spicy tomato sauce.
- 11 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes , with green chilies
- ⅓ cup Red Pepper, roasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Drizzle the sausages with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill them over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Flip them frequently so the sausages cook evenly.
- Remove sausages from the grill and slice them.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and cook onions until lightly caramelized.
- Add diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced sausages and roasted red peppers into the sauce.
- Season with Cajun seasoning and hot sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Boil and drain the noodles, then add them to the sauce. Toss well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can substitute marinara sauce for the diced tomatoes.
Calories: 756kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1104mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1420IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Authentic Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe post.