Baked clams are a perfect recipe for any occasion, as it is eye-catching and super tasty. You can prepare it as an appetizer or even as a main meal. It is a versatile recipe, as you can prepare the filling in many different ways, and you can adapt it to your taste by unleashing your creativity. We bring you a classic version of this recipe and mostly used plain ingredients, but you can spice it up as much as you like.
Baked Clams Recipe
A delicious and easy Baked Clams recipe, which pairs fresh clams with garlic parmesan breadcrumbs.
- 16 clams
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poaching liquid
- salt, pinch
- black pepper, pinch
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak the clams in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain them and repeat one more time.
- Put the clams in a pot, cover them with water and add two garlic cloves.
- Let them simmer until they open. Remove them from pot.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, grated cheese, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, poaching liquid, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto each clam.
- Place the shells onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Always discard broken clams and also those that did not open while simmering.
- For more flavor, you can add a pinch of lemon zest into the filling.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our other seafood recipes on the Feast of the 7 Fishes recipes page.