Try our balsamic chicken flatbread pizza if you need a truly Italian-inspired dish. You can either use store-bought flatbread or make a fresh homemade batch by following our recipe. This pizza calls for classic Italian ingredients, including mozzarella, flatbread, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, and an irresistible balsamic drizzle.
Balsamic Chicken Flatbread Pizza Recipe
A luxurious Balsamic Chicken Flatbread Pizza recipe that pairs sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and balsamic vinegar with a decadent homemade dough.
For the Flatbread Dough
- ¼ cup Pesto sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, fresh
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 Tbsp Tomatoes, sun-dried
- 1 cup Arugula, fresh
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Combine the yeast, sugar, warm water, and olive oil in a medium measuring cup.
- Stir the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, then add the yeast mixture once the yeast has proofed. Use a rubber spatula to stir everything together.
- Transfer the dough a floured work surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth and soft.
- Return the pizza dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a cloth, allowing it to rest at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface and punch out the air bubbles, grease a baking tray with olive oil, then stretch the dough to the size of the tray.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, then bake the flatbread pizza for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and add all the toppings.
- Return the flatbread to the oven and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Once warmed through, transfer the flatbread pizza to a chopping board and top it with fresh arugula and drizzled balsamic vinegar.
- Slice the balsamic chicken flatbread pizza and serve.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it prior to making the pizza dough.
- Season the pizza to your liking with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, or crushed red pepper flakes.
- You can serve this as an appetizer or main dish.
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Sun-Dried Tomato Ricotta Toast Recipe post.