A luxurious truffle ravioli recipe which pairs homemade mushroom ravioli with a decadent truffle-cream sauce. This recipe presents all the detailed steps to create pasta from scratch using either a pasta machine or simple everyday equipment such as a rolling pin.
One of the most prized ingredients within the culinary world, truffles, are celebrated for their distinctive flavor, pungent aroma, and rarity. The characteristic flavor of truffle can be achieved through the use of extravagant fresh truffles or with the more affordable and readily available truffle oil.
Truffles are often paired with pasta due to the high quality of Italian truffles and the complimentary rich subtlety which allows the truffle to shine. This recipe enhances the taste of truffle within the ravioli by combining with mushroom – as both ingredients are naturally earthy and savory. The flavor is further boosted by the use of a cream sauce, truffle is infused into the fat of the sauce which extracts another layer of decadence.
This dish is sure to be a show-stopper for any occasion so follow our truffle ravioli recipe below for guaranteed success!
Black Truffle Ravioli with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Mixing Bowl
- Pasta Machine / Rolling Pin
- Large Saucepan
- Large Sauté Pan
- 1 ½ cups 00 flour plus extra for rolling
- 2 eggs⅓ cup semolina
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 cup wild mushrooms roughly chopped (chanterelle, girolle, trompette, porcini)
- 1 tsp thyme finely chopped
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan grated
- 10 g black truffle grated (alternatively use 1 tbsp truffle oil)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
PREP PASTA DOUGH:
- Place the 00 flour and one teaspoon of salt into a large mixing bowl, form a well in the centre in the centre of the flour. Pour the egg into the well of flour, then using a fork gradually mix the flour and egg, a little at a time. Once the dough begins to come together turn out onto a surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Return the pasta dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a cloth, allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting prepare the truffle mushroom filling. Place a medium sauté pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Stir the shallots into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and translucent. Then add the garlic, wild mushrooms and thyme, cook for 3 minutes. Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the truffle oil, ricotta, salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Take the rested pasta dough and flatten until uniform.
IF USING PASTA MACHINE:
- Set the pasta machine to the thickest setting and lightly dust with semolina. Feed the pasta through the machine at the widest setting then repeat. Adjust the thickness of the pasta machine so that the dough gradually becomes thinner each time it passes through the machine. Cut the dough in half and roll separately if the dough becomes too long to manage. Continue to roll until the thinnest setting has been reached then lay out the two long sheets of pasta and cover with a cloth.
IF USING ROLLING PIN:
- Divide the pasta dough into 8 pieces. Then take one piece of dough at a time and dust in semolina. Roll using a rolling pin, turning the pasta sheet frequently. Once the pasta is 0.5-inch thick set aside and repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- On a sheet of pasta add one teaspoon of the truffle mushroom filling from the centre edge. Then, leaving a 2-inch space, continue to add the filling across the length of the pasta sheet. Lightly brush water around the filling then lay the second long sheet of pasta over the top. Seal each ravioli individually using the tips of your fingers, ensuring there is no air pocket created.
- Next cut the ravioli either using a pastry cutter or with a knife to form individual truffle ravioli.
COOK TRUFFLE MUSHROOM RAVIOLI:
- Place a large saucepan of salted water on a high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the truffle mushroom ravioli and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place a large sauté pan on a medium heat and add the heavy cream. Reduce the cream by half then add parmesan, grated black truffle, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the cooked truffle mushroom ravioli into the truffle cream sauce, stir to bring together then serve.
We hope you enjoyed this black truffle ravioli recipe of ours. If you like this post, check out our truffle guide post.