Brown butter sage sauce is super simple and pairs well with any type of pasta. This recipe will help you achieve a quick meal that is sure to impress your dinner guests. If you can’t find fresh sage, you can substitute it for fresh tarragon instead. Using ground dried sage in this sauce can ruin the sauce’s texture, so fresh herbs are a must.
Brown Butter Sage Sauce Recipe
A luxurious Brown Butter Sage Sauce recipe which pairs pasta with a decadent homemade brown butter sage sauce.
- 1 lb Pasta, any kind
- 1 stick Butter
- 6 Fresh Sage or Tarragon Leaves, torn
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Prepare about a pound of your favorite pasta according to the package instructions. You may want to save a bit of the pasta cooking water to help the sauce stick to the pasta.
- Add butter to a saucepan and set the stove to medium high heat. Keep stirring the butter until it turns a light brown color. Browning the butter will give it a nutty flavor.
- Next, place the fresh sage leaves in the butter, allowing the flavors to infuse in the sauce for about a minute.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and add Italian seasoning plus a bit of freshly ground black pepper to the sauce.
- Use tongs to incorporate the pasta and sauce, adding a bit of the pasta cooking water if necessary.
- Top with some parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy.
- Use a whisk to stir the brown butter sage sauce.
- Toss it with your cooked pasta immediately so the butter doesn’t solidify.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2151mg | Potassium: 1353mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1970IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Brown Butter Sage Ravioli Recipe post.