Buttery spinach fusilli pasta is a quick pasta dish made with simple ingredients and no sauce. The butter, garlic, lemon juice, and sautéed baby spinach come together in this irresistible entree. It is finished off with pine nuts, adding a crunchy texture to the pasta.
This pasta recipe is easy to make and only calls for five simple ingredients. It is versatile enough to be served as a main course or a side dish. When you are too tired to cook, don’t hesitate to whip up this recipe. All of its richness and simplicity will keep you coming back for more. Feel free to add more ingredients and spices to customize it to your liking.
Buttery Spinach Fusilli Pasta with No Sauce
A luxurious Buttery Spinach Fusilli Pasta recipe with No Sauce which pairs fusilli pasta with a decadent buttery garlic spinach topping.
- 225 g Fusilli Pasta
- 1 ½ cup Baby Spinach, fresh
- ¼ cup Butter, unsalted
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pine Nuts, for garnish
- Add water to a large pot and season it with salt. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta, cooking according to the package instructions or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta cooking water.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter melts, sauté the minced garlic for 30 to 40 seconds until fragrant.
- Next, add the fresh baby spinach leaves and cook for a minute or two or until they begin to wilt.
- Season with black pepper, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir in the cooked pasta adding a touch of the pasta water if necessary.
- Garnish the dish with pine nuts and enjoy!
- If you are using frozen spinach leaves, thaw them first. Squeeze the leaves to get rid of extra moisture before adding them to the pan.
- You can include other vegetables like tomatoes for some added color.
- Mix in some Italian seasoning or fajita seasoning to enhance the flavor.
- For a heartier dish, add shrimp to this recipe.
- Add parmesan cheese or garnish with crumbled feta if you need a cheesy element.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1081IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Bucatini Pasta with No Sauce recipe.