Capellini is a thin and long pasta, similar to spaghetti that is great in either cold or warm pasta recipes. This simple yet delicious pasta features cauliflower, a nutritious vegetable with a sweet and nutty flavor. We hope you enjoy this vegetarian-friendly dish.
Capellini with Creamy Cauliflower
A creamy pasta recipe that pairs capellini with a decadent cauliflower cream sauce.
- 11 oz. Capellini Noodles
- 1 Cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- 6 tablespoons Grana Padano Cheese, grated
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add cauliflower florets and toss them until the cauliflower has completely softened and it’s beginning to caramelize and brown (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add heavy cream and season with dried basil, onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Prepare the pasta as indicated on the package instructions.
- Season the pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with Grana Padano cheese.
- For more flavor, add dried oregano and a pinch of nutmeg to the sauce.
- The pasta should be al dente. You can drain it one minute before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- You can also steam cauliflower florets. It is a healthier way of preparing vegetables, as they lose less of their nutritional value.
Calories: 2255kcal | Carbohydrates: 272g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 102g | Saturated Fat: 61g | Cholesterol: 346mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 2693mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3740IU | Vitamin C: 279mg | Calcium: 731mg | Iron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Alison Roman’s Cauliflower Pasta post.