Chicken fettuccine alfredo is a classic weeknight meal that can be prepared in less than an hour. Even if you don’t have fettuccine on hand, you can substitute it for any type of pasta. Penne, cavatappi, or spaghetti work well with this dish. You have to try this delicious recipe the next time you’re craving chicken alfredo.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
A luxurious Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe which pairs chicken with a decadent buttery alfredo sauce.
- 1 pound Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 8 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ stick Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Take out a cutting board and chef knife to prepare the chicken. Remove chicken from its packaging and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer all the chicken to your pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken cook for at least a couple of minutes per side, until no longer pink. Set the chicken aside on a plate lined with paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Meanwhile, get a pot of water to boiling point and cook your noodles as directed on package instructions.
- Add butter and minced garlic to the same pan, turning the heat to medium-low.
- Allow the garlic to cook for about a minute until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Pour in heavy cream and gradually incorporate grated Parmigiano cheese until the sauce comes together.
- Put chicken into your sauce, then drain the pasta and toss everything well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve your dish with freshly chopped parsley to add a pop of color and freshness.
- Feel free to add other seasonings to your alfredo sauce to enhance the flavor profile.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 1037mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2453IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 397mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe post.