Chicken saltimbocca is an Italian recipe that requires simple ingredients. When these ingredients are cooked just right, it results in a mouthwatering dish. With just a few ingredients, you can create a delicious and filling meal that everyone will enjoy. This heavenly chicken entree is infused with butter, fresh sage, and salty prosciutto.
A luxurious Chicken Saltimbocca recipe that pairs chicken cutlets with a decadent sage butter sauce.
- 4 Chicken Cutlets, pounded evenly
- Flour, as needed
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- ½ cup Butter
- Sage Leaves, Fresh
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Dredge cutlets in flour and season each of them with salt and pepper.
- Firmly press a slice of prosciutto onto each cutlet, ensuring they will stick to each other.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the oil and add sage leaves.
- Add the cutlets, prosciutto side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip the cutlets.
- Continue cooking until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can use toothpicks to attach the prosciutto slices to the cutlet.
- For added flavor, season the flour with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and ½ teaspoon of onion powder.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 282mg | Potassium: 685mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Brown Butter Sage Ravioli Recipe post.