Courgette pasta bake (also known as a zucchini pasta bake) is a simple and nutritious recipe characterized by the intense asparagus and delicate courgette flavor. It is a versatile recipe, and it can be enriched with lots of different herbs and spices. We chose thyme and sage, but you can unleash your imagination and create some tasty combinations to delight your family and friends.
Courgette Pasta Bake with Asparagus
- 1 package lasagna
- 4 courgette / zucchini cut into rounds
- ½ cup asparagus diced
- Vegetable broth
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 ½ cup white sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese coarsely grated
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 4 asparagus cut lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and sauté asparagus and zucchini over high heat for a couple of minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine white sauce with ricotta, thyme, and sage. Season with black pepper.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish with butter and arrange a layer of lasagna sheets.
- Top with a thin layer of the white sauce mixture, zucchini, asparagus, and grated mozzarella.
- Repeat to create two more layers.
- Cover the last lasagna sheet layer with white sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmigiano cheese.
- Top with zucchini and asparagus.
- Bake for approx. 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, combine finely minced garlic with the white sauce mixture.
- If sliced zucchini on top begin to brown, cover the dish with aluminum foil.
If you like this post, we think you’ll like our favorite Baked Ziti Recipes post.