Tuscan chicken pasta is a simple and flavorful dish. With the sweet-tart flavor of sun-dried tomatoes combined with Italian seasoning and mild flavors of other ingredients, this dish will delight your tastebuds. It is a versatile recipe, so you can add other ingredients to enrich the dish, such as mushrooms, olives, or baby kale leaves. Enjoy your family dinners with this colorful and nutritious recipe.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 11 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced onions or shallots
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sundried tomatoes, garlic, and onions / shalots and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until browned. Reduce the heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- In a separate pot, prepare the pasta as indicated on the package instructions. Remove from heat about 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water in case you want to use it to loosen up the sauce later.
- Transfer the pasta to the skillet with the chicken.
- Add in the seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Pour in heavy cream and grated Parmigiano.
- Cook and stir for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you like crunch texture, stir in bread crumbs or chopped nuts (like almonds or walnuts).
- Add more heavy cream if needed. If you would like the sauce to be thicker, add more grated Parmigiano. For a stronger flavor, replace it with Pecorino cheese.
If you like this post, we think you’ll like our Black Truffle Ravioli Recipe post.