If you crave an extra juicy and flavorful pasta recipe, look no further than this easy ziti recipe. Italian sausage and pumpkin puree are an incredible combination that takes a simple pasta recipe to the next level. Be prepared to serve this immediately because the sauce tends to dry out quickly.
Easy Ziti Recipe
A luxurious Easy Ziti recipe that pairs ziti with a decadent pumpkin sauce.
- 11 oz Ziti Pasta
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Sage Leaves, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the sausage in a nonstick skillet for 4 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently so it can cook evenly.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and three sage leaves.
- Bring sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and let it simmer for approximately five minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and Italian sausage.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Cook the pasta as indicated on package instructions. Drain it 2 minutes earlier than the time indicated on the package.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle the dish with grated Parmigiano and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Garnish the dish with chopped parsley.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 992kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 1472mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 17182IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 384mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spaghetti Pasta Bake Recipe post.