Farfalle with cremini mushrooms and peas is another simple pasta dish full of flavors. With their earthy taste and delicate texture, cremini mushrooms pair perfectly with the sweet taste of peas and a bland but still rich taste of liquid cream. This is a vegetarian-friendly pasta dish that everyone can enjoy!
Farfalle with Crimini Mushrooms and Peas (Pasta e Piselli) Recipe
A luxurious pasta e piselli recipe which pairs mushrooms and peas with a decadent cream sauce.
- 11 ounces farfalle, dried
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- ⅓ cup white wine, dry
- ½ cup heavy cream, fresh
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely minced
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, draining it about a minute before it is done.
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and peas and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with garlic powder and parsley.
- Blend with wine and cook until all the liquid evaporates over medium-low heat.
- Add fresh liquid cream, stir well to combine, and remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Stir well to combine and serve immediately.
- If you would like the pasta to be creamier, add more heavy cream.
- You can add onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, or dried thyme to enhance the flavor of your pasta e piselli.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 279IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Fettuccine with Shrimp and Green Peas post.