Fettuccine with shrimp and peas (pasta e piselli) is a perfect main dish with a delicate taste. A creamy and neutral sauce combines perfectly with the sweet and succulent taste of shrimp and peas. If you add the fresh aroma of a high-quality dry white wine, you will get a perfect match!
If you are looking for an easy and quick recipe to prepare (but most of all, flavorful) search no further. You are just a few simple ingredients away from a mouth-watering dish.
Fettuccine with Shrimp and Green Peas (Pasta e Piselli) Recipe
A luxurious shrimp fettuccine with peas recipe which pairs plump shrimp with a decadent cream sauce.
- 11 oz. fettuccine
- 10 oz. shrimp, cleaned
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, liquid (preferably fresh)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- salt , to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- lemon, wedges
- Cook fettuccine according to the package instructions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add peas and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp tails and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Season with garlic powder and parsley.
- Blend with wine and cook until all the liquid evaporates over medium-low heat.
- Add fresh liquid cream, stir well to combine, and remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain fettuccine and add them to the skillet.
- Stir well to combine and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and freshly ground pepper.
- For more flavor, add a pinch of chili pepper.
- Just as in other pasta recipes, remember to drain the pasta approx. one minute before the time indicated on the package instructions, as it should be “al dente.”
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe post.