Garlic, peas, basil, and pecorino bucatini is a quick, clean, and flavorful pasta recipe. Since there is no sauce, this dish is nearly effortless. Bucatini or perciatelli is a hollow spaghetti-like pasta. The ingredient that adds maximum flavor to this pasta recipe is the homemade basil pesto. Furthermore, the pecorino cheese adds a salty and cheesy element to this recipe, making it a perfect treat for any occasion.
Garlic, Peas, Basil, and Pecorino Bucatini with No Sauce
A luxurious Garlic, Peas, Basil, and Pecorino Bucatini recipe with No Sauce which pairs bucatini pasta with a decadent homemade pesto.
For the basil pesto
- 1 cup Basil , fresh
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Pecorino Cheese, freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- A pinch Black Pepper
- Salt, to taste
For the pasta
- 225 g Bucatini noodles
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 ½ Tbsp Basil pesto
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- Basil, freshly chopped, for garnish
- Put fresh basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts, pecorino cheese, black pepper, and salt in a food processor or blender. Process the ingredients until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Transfer the pesto to a bowl and set aside.
- Add water to a large pot and season it with salt. Once the water starts to boil, add bucatini pasta and cook it according to the package instructions or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Take a large pan and place it over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Once the olive oil heats up, add minced garlic and sauté for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Cook the peas for a minute or two and add a splash of pasta water at this point.
- Incorporate the pesto and season with black pepper and salt. Mix well and continue cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Now toss in the cooked pasta and grated pecorino cheese.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped basil and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftover pesto to use in another dish.
- If you use frozen peas, thaw them first to eliminate excess moisture.
- Add in green beans if you’d like more vegetables.
- Season with other Italian-inspired herbs for added flavor.
Calories: 529kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Chicken Pesto Bake Recipe post.