Our hearty bean and sausage gnocchi soup is delicious and easy to make. This is the perfect dish to serve in the fall and winter. If you’re looking for a simple yet hearty soup, you have to try this recipe. You are more than welcome to make this into a vegetarian-friendly soup by excluding the sausage and replacing the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Hearty Bean and Sausage Gnocchi Soup Recipe
A luxurious Hearty Bean and Sausage Gnocchi Soup recipe which pairs beans and sausage with a decadent seasoned broth.
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 8 ounces Ground Breakfast Sausage, browned
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced or grated
- 6 ounces Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Pecorino Romano Cheese, for garnish
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans, meat, and seasonings.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil.
- Set the stove to medium-low heat and let the soup simmer and reduce to your liking.
- While you’re waiting, chiffonade some fresh basil leaves to garnish the hearty bean and sausage gnocchi soup.
- Lastly, add the potato gnocchi and put a lid on the Dutch oven. Let everything cook for five minutes to finish it off.
- Feel free to add other vegetables such celery, carrots, or roasted zucchini to this hearty bean and sausage gnocchi soup.
- Sprinkle Pecorino Romano on top just before serving.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 1761mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Italian Sausage Gnocchi Soup post.