Lobster ravioli sauce is a unique creamy and zesty sauce with distinctive notes of sweetness from wine and fresh lobster shells. This bisque-style sauce is perfect for most any ravioli dish, especially lobster ravioli. If you’re in the mood for some lobster ravioli, you won’t go wrong by pairing it with this decadent sauce.
Lobster Ravioli Sauce Recipe
A luxurious Lobster Ravioli Sauce recipe that pairs sauteed onions and garlic with a decadent reduced white wine sauce.
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Lobster Shells, fresh
- ½ cup White Wine
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Onion, medium, chopped
- 1+1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2/3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley or Tarragon Leaves, for garnish
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Next, add in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant.
- Add the lobster shells to the pan and toss them around for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Pour in the white wine and let it simmer until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and let it gently simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Strain this sauce into a separate bowl to remove lobster shells.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of the olive oil on low to medium heat.
- Add tomato paste to the oil and let it cook for 10 seconds.
- Pour in lemon juice and cook it for 10 seconds.
- Now, pour the reduced lobster ravioli sauce into the pan and let it simmer for a minute.
- Add lemon zest and parmesan cheese to the sauce. Cook until the cheese is melted and well incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and keep it warm for when you stir in the cooked lobster ravioli.
- For the best results, use fresh lobster shells, not pre cooked ones.
- You can also stir in pieces of cooked lobster meat to add body to the sauce.
Calories: 836kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1910IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Lobster Ravioli Bisque Recipe post.