Mushroom and Gruyère rondelli is decadent enough to serve as a main dish, but it is also good as an appetizer. These flavor-packed lasagna rolls are simple to prepare and easy to share with your family and friends. Feel free to use other herbs and spices to enhance the flavors of this mushroom rondelli recipe.
Mushroom and Gruyere Rondelli
A luxurious rondelli recipe that pairs Mushrooms and Gruyère with a decadent béchamel sauce.
- 9 oz lasagna sheets, (fresh or already boiled)
- 2 cups béchamel sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sauteed
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Cut each lasagna sheet in half (lengthwise).
- Pour beef broth into a medium pan over medium heat and add sauteed mushrooms to let them soak in the flavor for about five minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms with three to four tablespoons of béchamel sauce and half of the grated cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Spread the filling onto each pasta sheet and gently roll them up.
- Evenly spread ¾ of béchamel sauce over the base of the baking dish and arrange rondelli standing up in a single layer.
- Drizzle rondelli dish with the remaining béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can leave some of the mushrooms out and use them as a garnish at the end.
- If you can’t find Gruyère, use Swiss Emmental or Fontina cheese instead.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 356mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Traditional Rondelli post.