If you want to impress your friends and family with a delicious Italian treat, this recipe will not disappoint. Our version of this classic recipe includes fresh berries like raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. You can make these pasticcini in large batches and serve them at your next family gathering. Don’t expect to have any leftovers to take home, they will be gone before you know it.
Pasticcini Alla Frutta Recipe
A luxurious Pasticcini Alla Frutta recipe that pairs fresh berries with decadent airy pastry dough.
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Salt, to taste
- Powdered Sugar , for dusting, as required
- Raspberries, fresh, as many as you want.
- Strawberries, fresh, as many as you want.
- Blueberries, fresh, as many as you want.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add almond flour, salt, sugar, and lemon zest to a medium mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Next, add egg whites and vanilla extract, mixing until you get a soft and sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape them into balls using the palms of your hands.
- Arrange the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure that balls are at least two inches apart from each other.
- Place the baking sheet in the center rack of the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the balls fluff up and turn golden brown.
- Once done, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- Once your pasticcini reach room temperature, dust powdered sugar on top and garnish with fresh raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries as desired; serve immediately.
- Although the traditional recipe calls for almond flour, you can use coconut flour or a blend of both flours for these pasticcini.
- Since the dough is a bit sticky, it is best to grease your hands with cooking oil or butter before shaping them into balls.
- We have used fresh berries as a garnish, but you can use nuts or dried berries as well.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 0.3IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Crostata di Frutta Recipe post.