This penne pasta with black truffle arrabbiata sauce is a flavorful dish that’s quick and easy to prepare in no time (that’s because we used Truff’s Black Truffle Arrabiata Sauce as the base). We added anchovies and black olives to enrich the flavors of this dish, which pair perfectly with the pasta sauce. This recipe is a perfect balance of the acidity of the tomatoes, the earthiness of the black truffles, the umami-ness of the anchovies, and the slight spiciness of the arrabbiata.
Penne all’Arrabbiata with Truff’s Black Truffle Arrabbiata Sauce
- 10 oz. penne
- 4 anchovies in oil
- 16 pitted black olives sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 jar Truff’s Black Truffle Arrabbiata Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot with salted water to a boil. Blanch tomatoes for 2 minutes, and transfer them to a large bowl with cold water combined with ice.
- Peel the tomatoes and mash them.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic clove and anchovies. Cook and stir until anchovies melt.
- Add olives and Black truffle arrabbiata sauce.
- Cook and stir for a couple of minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Cook penne in boiling salted water. Drain them 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the sauce, add chopped parsley, and stir well to combine.
- Cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Truff Pasta Sauce can be purchased here.
- Want more of a kick? Spice it up even more by adding chili pepper, seeded and diced.
- For more flavor, serve sprinkled with freshly grated Pecorino cheese.
If you like this recipe, we think you’ll like our Black Truffle Ragu Recipe.