This pesto focaccina is topped with pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella. You will love its crispy crust and soft interior; you could easily eat all of it in one sitting. This pesto focaccina is the perfect appetizer to serve with pasta, soups, salads, and antipasti.
Pesto Focaccina Recipe
A luxurious Pesto Focaccina recipe which pairs fresh dough with a decadent pesto and tomato topping.
- 4 cups Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Water, warm
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 5 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Pesto Sauce
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, fresh
- Add the bread flour, active dry yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl, then stir to combine.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture, then add the warm water and olive oil.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the liquid to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a light cloth and allow it to proof for an hour.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil, then add the dough.
- Stretch the dough so it fits the size of the dish.
- Cover the dish with a cloth and allow the dough to proof for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit, then prepare the focaccina.
- Use your fingers to create divots in the dough and top it with the rosemary sprigs, pesto, crushed red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and remaining olive oil.
- Place the pesto focaccina in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Tear the fresh mozzarella and place it on top before serving.
- Slice the pesto focaccina into bite-sized squares and enjoy.
- Place the dough in a warm place while it proofs.
- Don’t try to rush the proof time, this is a crucial step for making focaccina.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Classic Rosemary Focaccina post.