Puttanesca sauce is a traditional Italian sauce from the Campania region, prepared with peeled tomatoes, black olives, capers, and anchovies. Chili pepper gives it that extra flavor that makes this sauce even more mouth-watering. With its unique taste, it is a perfect sauce for any type of pasta, but not only… For example, you can use it for preparing focaccia or bruschetta.
Puttanesca Sauce Recipe
A luxurious Puttanesca Sauce recipe which pairs roasted peeled tomatoes, black olives, capers, and anchovies for a decadent pasta sauce.
- 14 oz. Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 oz. Black Olives (Gaeta olives), pitted and crushed
- A Capers , a handful in salt, rinsed and chopped
- 3 Anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, fresh and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and chili pepper. Cook for one minute and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add anchovies and stir until they have melted.
- Add chopped tomatoes and capers. Stir well to combine and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add olives and chopped parsley, and stir well to combine.
- Remove garlic cloves and let the sauce simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve with pasta like spaghetti, bucatini, penne or other types you prefer.
- You can add some grated Parmigiano when serving.
- Adding salt is not necessary as this sauce includes ingredients that are already quite salty. You should only add salt to the water for cooking the pasta. You can add a pinch of black pepper.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Amatriciana Sauce post.