Jamaican Rasta Pasta with Shrimp is a revisited Italian dish enriched with Jamaican ingredients and seasoning, which give this pasta recipe a spectacular flavor. You can prepare it with shrimp and prawns or make a tasty chicken version. If you are in search of a healthy, colorful, and flavor-packed recipe, then this recipe is the right one for you.
Jamaican Rasta Pasta with Shrimp Recipe
A luxurious Jamaican Rasta Pasta with Shrimp recipe which pairs tender shrimp and jerk seasoning with a decadent tomato pasta sauce.
- 11 oz spaghetti
- 2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes (preferably imported from Italy)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 20 shrimp
- 1 lemon, sliced
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and add garlic clove, shrimp, and 3 to 4 lemon slices.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for approx 6 to 8 minutes, flipping them once. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in sliced peppers and cook for a couple of minutes until they soften.
- Add tomatoes and season with Jamaican jerk seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in grated cheese.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Serve topped with the shrimp.
- You can garnish the dish with chopped fresh parsley and grilled lemon slices.
- Use any type of long-size pasta like fettuccine or linguine.
- For more flavor, add 1/3 cup of coconut milk to the sauce when adding diced tomatoes.
Calories: 605kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2278IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 405mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spaghetti Shrimp Fra Diavolo Recipe post.