Roasted tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil ricotta toast is a recipe you should try if you are a fan of mouthwatering and Italian-flavored recipes. Crunchy toasted whole-grain bread slices topped with creamy ricotta, and good-quality roasted cherry tomatoes make this recipe a great savory breakfast, mid-day snack, or appetizer.
Roasted Tomatoes and Olive Oil Ricotta Toast
A luxurious Roasted Tomatoes and Olive Oil Ricotta Toast recipe which pairs roasted tomatoes with olive oil and creamy ricotta onto toast.
- 8 slices Whole-Grain Bread
- 8 tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 8 teaspoons Tomato Paste, sun-dried
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, to taste
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, fresh
- Preheat oven to 420°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a mixing bowl. Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the onto the baking sheet and roast for approx. 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Spray bread slices on both sides with extra virgin olive oil and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toast until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes (turning halfway through).
- Remove from the oven and let the slices cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato paste over each bread slice.
- Season ricotta with salt and black pepper.
- Spread it over bread slices.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and top with roasted tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy.
- To prepare sun-dried tomato paste, soak 5 – 7 sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Place them in a blender and blend with 1 – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- If you don’t want whole cherry tomatoes, feel free to slice them in half to serve on the ricotta toast.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Fig Ricotta Toast