Salmon pesto tart is a quick and easy recipe to prepare using some healthy and super nutritious ingredients like spinach, pesto, salmon, and eggs. You can decide to prepare a homemade shortcrust pastry pie crust, but we opted to make this recipe easy by using a store-bought pastry. Instead of basil pesto, you can prepare many other tasty versions of it, like arugula or kale pesto with different nut types.
Salmon Pesto Tart Recipe
A delicious and easy Salmon Pesto Tart recipe, which pairs fresh salmon with a decadent pesto tart.
- 1 package Shortcrust pastry, round
- ½ cup Basil Pesto
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, dry, grated
- 2 cups Spinach, fresh, washed, dried, and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Parmiggiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
- 4 Eggs, large
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 Salmon Fillet, large, cooked and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll the pastry into a tart pan.
- In a food processor add spinach and eggs. Process a couple of times, then and add half and half. Process a few more times until mixed.
- Cover the base of shortcrust pastry with basil pesto. Sprinkle it with grated mozzarella cheese and pour in the spinach mixture.
- Arrange diced salmon pieces over the top of the tart.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- After 20 minutes of baking, insert a knife in the middle of the tart, and if it comes out clean, the tart is ready.
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 712mg | Potassium: 403mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1873IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our other seafood recipes on the Feast of the 7 Fishes recipes page.