Our super simple Italian-style pesto on toast makes for a great quick and easy lunch, packed with plenty of flavors. Salmon makes a perfect combination with a strong taste of basil pesto and a tender and mild ricotta flavor. Garnish it with some beet sprouts and black pepper for a perfect-looking toast!
Salmon, Ricotta, and Pesto Toast Recipe
A luxurious Salmon, Ricotta, and Pesto Toast recipe which pairs salmon and pesto with creamy ricotta on toast.
- 8 slices Whole-grain Bread
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, to taste
- 7 oz Smoked Salmon, smoked
- 8 tablespoons Ricotta
- 8 teaspoons Pesto Genovese
- A handful Beet Sprouts
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray bread slices on both sides with extra virgin olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Toast until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes (turning halfway through).
- Remove from the oven and let the slices cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread ricotta over bread slices.
- Spread pesto Genovese over ricotta.
- Top with salmon slices and beet sprouts.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can combine a pinch of Italian seasoning with ricotta and a teaspoon of pesto.
- Also, you can replace beet sprouts with other types of sprouts like broccoli or arugula sprouts.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1699mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 707IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Chicken & Ricotta Bruschetta post.