Choosing the perfect pasta is essential for the success of this shrimp pasta salad. Rotini pasta pairs well with cherry tomatoes and does a good job of holding onto sauces. Use tri-color or rainbow rotini pasta to add even more color to this delectable pasta salad. It is ideal for a quick weeknight meal or an easy lunch, and even though it’s simple to prepare, it is sure to satisfy you and your guests.
Shrimp and Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
A luxurious Shrimp and Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad recipe which pairs rotini and sauteed vegetables with a decadent creamy sauce.
- ¾ pounds Shrimp, boiled until pink and drained
- 12 ounces Rotini Pasta
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, quartered
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ White Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Black Olives, sliced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoons Flour, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Prepare pasta al dente per the directions on the box.
- Drain the rotini, and then set aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add a little oil.
- While stirring occasionally, cook the zucchini, bell peppers, and onion for 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt, and cook for a few more minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Melt the butter in a separate pot.
- Add the flour and gently whisk to create a smooth paste.
- Pour in the milk and whisk again.
- Whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked shrimp, cooked pasta, vegetables, black olives, and creamy sauce in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
- Feel free to use unflavored almond milk if you don’t want to use regular milk for the sauce.
- Leave out the shrimp to make this a vegetarian-friendly dish.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1392IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi post.