A few months ago my cousins and I each picked-up an All-Clad Slow Cooker during a William Sonoma special. We had been passing favorite recipes back and forth, each looking forward to making some delicious meals with the ease a slow cooker would bring. Pasta being my favorite (that’s why you’re here too right?), I went straight to the 100 Days of Real Food site. There, I found a recipe for the tastiest sauce to pair with my pasta and it will have you excited it is Sunday, instead of worrying about the weekend ending!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound country style pork ribs, preferably pasture raised
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (either links that have been cut into 1 inch pieces or ground sausage), preferably pasture raised
- 1 pound homemade beef meatballs (we have a tried and true recipe you can follow), preferably grass-fed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Necessary equipment: Slow cooker
- Serving suggestion: Serve over whole-grain noodles and for a garnish top with fresh basil leaves or freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or both!)
For directions click here
At Pasta.com we respect the chefs, bloggers, and authors that create many of the amazing recipes you’ll find on Pasta.com. We’re here to help you discover new recipes, but the actual recipe lives where it was created and that’s where we send you to get preparation instructions. We realize it’s an extra click for you, but we’re pretty sure you’ll agree that the recipe instructions should stay with the creator.