All you need is ten ingredients to create a spaghetti a la puttanesca entree. Tomatoes, olives, capers, and garlic come together in a simple yet flavorful puttanesca sauce. If you’re running low on ground beef and need something quick and easy for dinner, consider making this spaghetti entree.
Spaghetti a la Puttanesca Sauce Recipe
A luxurious Spaghetti a la Puttanesca recipe that pairs tomatoes, olives, and capers with decadent flavored olive oil.
- 1 package Spaghetti Noodles
- 14.5 ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Black Olives (Gaeta Olives), pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Whole Salted Capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 3 Anchovy Fillets, flat slices
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1 Chili Pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, freshly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat a pot of water and boil the pasta until al dente.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, add olive oil, garlic and chili to a saucepan and cook for one minute on medium heat.
- Place the anchovy fillets into the pan, stirring occasionally until they melt into the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and capers to the pan, breaking up the tomatoes into chunks. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer on the stove for 15 minutes.
- Next, add in the olives and parsley and stir the puttanesca again.
- Remove the garlic cloves and allow the sauce to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked spaghetti, making sure the sauce evenly coats the noodles.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes, or run your knife through the peeled tomatoes before adding them to the pan.
- You can substitute the fresh chili pepper for 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t have a can of anchovy fillets, you can swap it out for about 1 ½ teaspoons of anchovy paste in this spaghetti a la puttanesca recipe.
Calories: 2230kcal | Carbohydrates: 363g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 37g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 2549mg | Potassium: 2050mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 112mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 12mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Whole Wheat Eggplant Pasta with No Sauce post.