Spaghetti all’amatriciana is a traditional recipe from the Lazio region of Italy. It is prepared here with Truff Pasta’s Black Truffle Pomodoro Sauce, guanciale, and white wine to create a flavorful base for the delicious sauce. There are many variations of the traditional recipe, like adding shallots, replacing guanciale with pancetta, etc. Experiment and add in your favorite veggies and proteins!
Spaghetti all’Amatriciana with Truff’s Black Truffle Pomodoro Sauce
- 10 oz. Spaghetti
- 5 oz. Guanciale cut into cubes
- 1 jar Black Truffle Pomodoro sauce
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Pecorino cheese grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and drain 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Brown guanciale until its fat becomes translucent, stirring frequently.
- Blend with wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Add Black Truffle Pomodoro sauce and stir well to combine.
- Add ½ cup of pasta cooking water along with the spaghetti.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with white pepper and stir in pecorino cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Truff Pasta Sauce can be purchased here.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or chives.
- Guanciale is cured pig cheek. You can replace it with pancetta, which is less fatty.
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Penne all’Arrabbiata with Black Truffle Arrabbiata Sauce recipe.