Homemade spaghetti sauce beats the store-bought brands every single time. If you are in need of a quick and delicious spaghetti sauce, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is a great way to utilize a can of diced tomatoes and leftover ground beef that you may have in the fridge.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Diced Tomatoes
A luxurious Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Diced Tomatoes that pairs ground beef with a decadent homemade tomato sauce.
- 1 pound Ground Beef, cooked
- ½ White Onion, diced
- 14 ounces Tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sugar
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until caramelized.
- Add pre-cooked ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in remaining ingredients and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and let your sauce simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Feel free to adjust the flavor profile of the sauce to your liking, for example, you can add a pinch of dried oregano or chopped fresh parsley.
- Cook your pasta of choice to al dente, and stir into the sauce with a little bit of the pasta cooking water.
- Sprinkle the dish with fresh parmesan cheese right before serving.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 833IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes post.