If you’re reading this it means you’re intrigued by TikTok’s viral pink sauce, but that you either A) don’t want to splurge $20 on a condiment, B) you’ve heard about all the controversy of the pink sauce (exploding bottles and people getting sick – allegedly), or C) you don’t want to mess with it now that the FDA is involved. Well, you’ve come to the right place because we have all the details on how to make this tasty pink sauce in the comfort of your own house (psst! refrigerate your bottle to keep it from exploding).
What is Pink Sauce?
Pink Sauce is a condiment that went viral on TikTok. It was created by Chef Pi (a private chef) and it caused quite a controversy. You can read more about it here.
What does Pink Sauce taste like?
The best way we can describe the taste of Pink Sauce is this is almost like a sweeter version of ranch but with a bit more heat and spices. It’s also a bit runnier than we’d like our sauces to be, so we used less water in our Pink Sauce recipe. Feel free to add more water if you like it that way.
What ingredients are in Pink Sauce?
The viral Pink Sauce contains the following ingredients:
- Sunflower seed oil
- Raw honey
- Distilled vinegar
- Pitaya (Dragon Fruit)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Less than two percent of dried spices
- Lemon juice
- Citric acid
The Best TikTok Viral Pink Sauce Recipe (Make It Yourself)
- 1 cup Mayo
- 3 tablespoons Dragon Fruit Powder (Pitaya)
- ½ cup Sunflower Seed Oil
- ¼ cup Milk, 2%
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 ½ tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar, distilled white
- 1 ½ tablespoons Water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons Parsley, dried
- ¾ teaspoon Dill Weed, dried
- ⅔ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) and blend the Pink Sauce until smooth.
- Do a taste test and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Use the Pink Sauce condiment however you like and keep it refrigerated for up to two weeks.
- If you don’t have a blender, whisk the Pink Sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Add additional spice if you prefer condiments with a bit more kick to them.
- Store your Pink Sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Substitute the dragon fruit powder with some fresh dragon fruit if you want.
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Italian Pink Sauce Recipe post.