Veal saltimbocca is a classic Italian dish that is very similar to chicken saltimbocca in the way it is prepared. Look no further for a delicious and straightforward veal recipe. All you need is ten ingredients, and you’ll be able to make a wonderful meal in no time.
A luxurious Veal Saltimbocca recipe which pairs veal cutlets with a decadent sage butter sauce.
- 8 Veal Cutlets
- 8 slices Prosciutto
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Sage Leaves, Fresh
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Cover the cutlets with sage leaves and a slice of prosciutto.
- Attach the prosciutto to the veal with toothpicks.
- Pour cornstarch into a shallow mixing bowl and coat the underside of each cutlet.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet and add the cutlets prosciutto-side up.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the veal no longer appears pink.
- Flip the cutlets on the other side and cook for 10 seconds.
- Flip the cutlets over again and transfer them onto a plate.
- Add butter and a few sage leaves into the skillet and cook until the butter has melted.
- Blend with wine and cook over medium-low heat. Keep stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper at the end.
- Pour the sauce over each veal cutlet and serve.
- You can substitute thinly sliced ham for prosciutto.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 1314mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Veal Parmesan (Parmigiana) Recipe post.