Vegetarian cast iron pizza is a fast and delicious variant of a classic pizza recipe. We added bell peppers, olives, and cherry tomatoes to a simple margherita, making it a healthy and eye-catching entree. Feel free to add other vegetables such as roasted eggplant or green onions to enhance the flavor.
Vegetarian Cast Iron Pizza
A luxurious Vegetarian Cast Iron Pizza recipe that pairs fresh vegetables with a decadent whole wheat pizza dough.
- 2 lb Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella, dry and shredded
- 8 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, small, cut in thin rounds
- 10 Black Olives, pitted and sliced
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Olive Oil Spray, extra virgin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease two cast irons and spread the dough towards the edges of each pan to form the crust.
- Spread tomato sauce on top of dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Generously layer with mozzarella and top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Spray the pizza with extra virgin olive oil right before serving.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 102g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1523mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 813IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Veggie Ricotta Toast Recipe post.