Who doesn’t love pasta? There are numerous reasons why pasta is a perfect ingredient for various recipes. Pasta is versatile and ideal for any consumer, no matter if you are a vegan, vegetarian, pescaterian, or gluten-free. A pasta dish is sure to give you a satisfying meal, and we’re confident that this vegetarian-friendly ziti recipe is definitely a dish you should try.
Vegetarian Ziti Recipe
A luxurious Vegetarian Ziti recipe that pairs ziti with a decadent cheesy zucchini mixture.
- 11 oz Ziti Pasta
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dry
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup Ricotta
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, divided and grated
- 6 oz Mozzarella, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain it 4 minutes before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- In a skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until caramelized.
- Add in diced zucchini and dry oregano. Stir often and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Combine ricotta, half of the Parmigiano, and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta mixture, half of the marinara sauce, plus the cooked pasta in the skillet once the zucchini is ready. Toss well to combine.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with some marinara sauce. Pour the pasta into the baking dish and spread it evenly. Cover with the rest of the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 753kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1694mg | Potassium: 1312mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1925IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 571mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Courgette Pasta Bake with Asparagus Recipe post.