White sauce pasta bake is a dish everyone will adore. No one can resist a white sauce combined with flavorful and crispy bacon, cooked ham, and layers of melted cheese. If you crave some tasty lasagna dish, but you do not have much time to dedicate to preparing the dish, this recipe is the right one.
White Sauce Pasta Bake
A luxurious white sauce pasta bake recipe which pairs Gruyere cheese with a white sauce.
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 ½ cups white sauce
- 1 ½ cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 7 oz. ham, cut into strips
- 5 oz. bacon, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, drain and cut each five sheets into small triangles.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook bacon for 2 minutes, until crispy.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish with butter and arrange a layer of lasagna sheets.
- Top with a thin layer of white sauce, ham, bacon, and Gruyere cheese.
- Repeat to create two more layers. For the last lasagna sheet layer, use the triangular ones. Cover with white sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Gruyere and Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
- White sauce should not be too thick. If it has a thick consistency, mix it with 3 or 4 tablespoons of fresh liquid cream.
- For more flavor, you can season white sauce with garlic powder and chopped chives.
Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Calcium: 455mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Carbonara Pasta Bakes post.