Spicy Penne alla Vodka Pasta Recipe
A decadent spicy penne alla vodka pasta recipe which is inspired by Carbone's Spicy Vodka Rigatoni. You won't believe how...
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until lightly golden.
Stir in tomato sauce, chili paste, and sugar. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
Add vodka and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes over medium heat. Reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
Add drained pasta, heavy cream, and grated Parmigiano in the skillet with the sauce and toss well to combine.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy.
- Drain the pasta one minute before the time indicated on the package. The pasta should always be “al dente”.
- Add more chili paste if desired.
- For creamier consistency add one ladle of pasta cooking water after combining the pasta with the sauce. Cook for 30 seconds, remove from the heat and stir in Parmigiano cheese.
- Heavy cream is added to balance out the tomato acid flavor, but you can replace it with an additional teaspoon of sugar or ¼ cup of milk.
- The original recipe includes bacon. You can add 4 oz. of chopped bacon with shallots.
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg