Capellini with Creamy Cauliflower
A creamy pasta recipe that pairs capellini with a decadent cauliflower cream sauce.
- 11 oz. capellini
- 1 cauliflower, rinsed cut into florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 6 tablespoons Grana Padano cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan.
Add cauliflower florets and toss them until the cauliflower has completely softened and it’s beginning to caramelize and brown (about 12-15 minutes).
Add heavy cream and season with dried basil, onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Toss well to combine.
Prepare the pasta as indicated on the package instructions.
Season the pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with Grana Padano cheese.
- For more flavor, add dried oregano and a pinch of nutmeg to the sauce.
- The pasta should be al dente. You can drain it one minute before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- You can also steam cauliflower florets. It is a healthier way of preparing vegetables, as they lose less of their nutritional value.
Calories: 2255kcal | Carbohydrates: 272g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 102g | Saturated Fat: 61g | Cholesterol: 346mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 2693mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3740IU | Vitamin C: 279mg | Calcium: 731mg | Iron: 8mg