Basil Pesto with Walnuts (Pesto Recipe without Pine Nuts)
A luxurious Basil Pesto without Pinenuts recipe which pairs basil with walnuts.
- 2 cups basil leaves, fresh
- ½ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ¼ cup pecorino, grated
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
Place the basil leaves and walnuts into a food processor and pulse several times.
Add grated Parmigiano, Pecorino, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pulse several more times. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and pulse again.
Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil while the food processor is running. Scrape down the sides again if necessary.
Serve and enjoy.
- The smaller basil leaves are, the better.
- Add more extra virgin olive oil to make the pesto thinner or more basil and walnuts to make it thicker.
- You can refrigerate pesto for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 1mg