Crab Mac and cheese is a mouthwatering version of the traditional Mac and cheese recipe you won’t resist. It is an excellent recipe for any occasion as it is an appealing meal, and the taste is as perfect as it can be. The crunchy texture of breadcrumbs combined with buttery, soft, and creamy pasta with melted cheese and the squishy taste of crab meat will delight your tastebuds. A must try to believe how delicious it is!
Baked Crab Mac and Cheese Recipe
A luxurious Baked Crab Mac and Cheese recipe which pairs crab with a decadent baked mac n cheese.
- 10 oz macaroni pasta
- 10 oz cooked crab meat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup gouda cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons Parmiggiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking dish with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until lightly golden.
- Add garlic and vinegar, and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the pasta, milk, broth, and water.
- Season with paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer for 9 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and add grated cheddar, gouda, and Parmigiano Reggiano. Stir until melted.
- Add crabmeat and stir well again.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for a couple of minutes until breadcrumbs become golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Add more cheese to enrich the flavors. You can use Monterey Jack or Emmental too.
- For a crunchy texture, combine breadcrumbs with grated Parmigiano.
Calories: 779kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1352mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 691IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 673mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Truffle Mac n Cheese Recipe post.