Baked zucchini boats are a perfect option when you want to prepare something particular and super tasty for your family and friends. It is a versatile recipe you can prepare in many different ways. We bring you this simple version with chicken, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Garnish them with some fresh herbs as the presentation will already be perfect once you remove them from the oven.
Baked Zucchini Boats (Stuffed with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Parmesan)
A luxurious Baked Zucchini Boats recipe which pairs crispy baked zucchini with a decadent stuffing of chicken, mushrooms, and parmesan.
- 4 Zucchini, sliced length-wise
- 15 oz Ground Chicken
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms, stir-fried
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hollow out each zucchini. Chop the pulp.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and brown ground chicken.
- Add in the minced garlic clove and chopped zucchini pulp. Stir well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chopped tomato and button mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the mixture into each zucchini boat.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, sprinkle zucchini boats with grated Parmigiano, dry mozzarella, and cheddar cheese mixture.
- You can also add stir-fried red and yellow bell pepper.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 1249mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spaghetti alla Nerano post.