Beef mince pasta bake is another tasty pasta bake recipe you should absolutely try. It is easy and quick to prepare, with ingredients you probably always have on hand, so why not try it?
Herbs and spices, and a splash of red wine enrich a simple yet delicious ground beef sauce prepared with typical Italian soffrito. It is an aromatic flavor base for numerous Italian sauce, stew, and soup recipes prepared with carrots, celery, and onion.
Beef Mince Pasta Bake Recipe
A luxurious beef mince pasta bake recipe that pairs rigatoni with a decadent Italian soffrito meat sauce.
- 11 oz. rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, large, peeled and grated
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- nutmeg, a pinch
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, dried
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook until lightly golden.
- Stir in grated carrot and celery. Cook for 6 – 7 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Blend with wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Stir in tomato paste and add tomato sauce.
- Season with garlic powder, paprika, nutmeg, dried basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare pasta as indicated on the package instructions. Drain it a minute before the time indicated on the package.
- Combine pasta with ¾ of the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish and top with the remaining sauce, grated Parmigiano, and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Be sure to cook until all the wine has evaporated.
- Before combining meat sauce with the pasta, you can stir in a tablespoon of fresh liquid cream for extra creaminess.
Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 839mg | Potassium: 976mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3176IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Carbonara Pasta Bake recipe post.