Ravioli in brown butter and sage sauce is a super tasty recipe you can prepare with a few simple ingredients you probably always have at home. Preparing homemade ravioli is fun, and it is not as difficult as it may seem. You can use this recipe for preparing ravioli with many different fillings, and butter and sage sauce will pair well with all of them.
Brown Butter Sage Ravioli Recipe
A luxurious Brown Butter Sage Ravioli recipe that pairs browned butter and sage in decadent ravioli.
- 1 ⅔ cup Flour, all-purpose
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ¼ cup Semolina
- 1 ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 Egg, large
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Nutmeg, a pinch
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Butter
- 6 Sage Leaves, fresh
- Italian Seasoning, a pinch
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Prepare the filling by combining all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, semolina, and eggs.
- Knead until homogeneous and smooth.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it stand for 45 minutes in a cold and dry place.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll the two dough portions with pasta machine until you obtain two rectangular sheets approx 1/16 inch thick.
- Place one sheet on a floured surface and arrange a spoonful of filling every 1 ½ inches.
- Brush the ends of the sheet with water and cover it with the second dough.
- Use your fingers to press the dough around the filling.
- With a notched cutter wheel, make equal quadrants.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and let it simmer until lightly browned.
- Add sage leaves and stir well. Let it simmer for an additional minute and remove from the heat.
- Season with black pepper and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook ravioli for 5 minutes.
- Remove ravioli with a slotted spoon and transfer them into the skillet with the sauce.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, add a pinch of Italian seasoning in the filling.
- This recipe makes 24 ravioli.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 230mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 801IU | Calcium: 408mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Truffle Ravioli post.