Carciofi fritti or fried artichokes is a traditional Italian side dish that can also be served as an appetizer. You can prepare it in various ways, as there are many different types of batter for this recipe. We bring you a simple version, but you can experiment with beer batter and combine different types of flour and liquids.
Carciofi Fritti (Tuscan Fried Artichokes)
A delicious carciofi fritti recipe which is a Tuscan-style fried artichoke.
- 4 artichokes, cleaned, stems and hard leaves removed, cut into quarters
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Clean and prepare the artichokes. Place them immediately in a bowl with water and lemon juice.
- Let them stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and dry them well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Coat artichoke quarters with flour and dip them into beaten eggs.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and fry artichokes until lightly golden.
- With a slotted spoon place them onto parchment paper/paper towels to remove the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, serve drizzled with lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh tomato-basil sauce or Greek yogurt mixed with fresh herbs.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Carciofi alla Giudia Recipe post.