Cast iron pepperoni pizza is a classic pizza recipe that is perfect to make for an at-home date night. It is hard to say no to this easy meal because once your dough is prepared, you’ll have dinner ready in no time. You won’t have to roll out the dough onto a large pizza tray, just divide the dough and form it into two cast iron pans, add the toppings, and throw it in the oven.
Cast Iron Pepperoni Pizza
A luxurious Cast Iron Pepperoni Pizza recipe that pairs fresh pizza dough with a decadent pepperoni and cheese topping.
- 2 lb Whole-wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella, Dry, shredded
- 8 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 3 oz Pepperoni , Slices
- Olive oil spray, Extra virgin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease two cast iron pans and spread the dough, pressing towards the outer edge of the pan to form the crust.
- Spread tomato sauce on top, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Spray with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
- You can combine tomato sauce with a touch of hot sauce to enhance the flavor.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1696mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Authentic Italian Stromboli Recipe post.