Our gluten-free pizza dough (made with tapioca flour) is perfect for anyone with gluten sensitivity who wants to eat pizza. Why is ours without xanthan gum?
Most gluten-free pizza dough recipes use xanthan gum, but a lot of people either don’t have that ingredient on hand, or they prefer not to use it. Because of this, we decided to create a gluten-free pizza dough without xantham gum that still has that nice chewy texture of regular pizza dough. We also used almond milk, but you can replace it with any other type of milk.
Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Recipe Without Xanthan Gum
A delicious Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Recipe which pairs tapioca flour with grated mozzarella.
- 3 3/4 cups Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ cups Mozzarella, dry, grated
- 1 ¼ cups Almond Milk
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease three round baking dishes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add grated mozzarella and stir again.
- Pour in milk, beaten eggs, and extra virgin olive oil. Stir well with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Divide the between the baking dishes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite cheeses and toppings.
- Bake again until the cheese has melted and your toppings are ready.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Try this recipe with cashew or rice milk.
- The dough will be pretty wet, but you do not need to add more flour.
Calories: 1036kcal | Carbohydrates: 133g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 32g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 201mg | Sodium: 1408mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Calcium: 464mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Skillet Pizza post.