Italian polenta is a traditional side dish that many families serve every Sunday and during family gatherings. It is prepared in many different ways, especially in the Veneto region, where they often serve it as an appetizer. We bring you this delicious version with Bolognese sauce, that you will love. You will need some time to prepare the Bolognese sauce, but it will be well worth it.
Italian Polenta Bolognese Recipe
A luxurious Italian Polenta Bolognese recipe that pairs a decadent creamy polenta with a Bolognese sauce.
- 1 cup Polenta
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and carrot and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Blend with red wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Stir in tomato paste and sauce. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in beef broth, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for two hours.
- Add milk and stir well.
- In the meantime, in a tall and narrow pot, bring chicken broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the polenta and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat and cook, frequently stirring, until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide polenta into four plates and top with Bolognese sauce.
- Add more broth into the sauce while cooking, if needed. The sauce needs to be thick when ready.
- Garnish with rosemary leaves.
Calories: 580kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1190mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2929IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Grilled Polenta recipe with Tomato & Burrata Bites post.