Lasagna tomato sauce is a very simple sauce to prepare, and it can be used for various recipes. It is similar to ragu, and you can use either type of sauce to prepare a homemade lasagna. The key to a good sauce comes down to the cooking time. For the best results, be patient and let your lasagna tomato sauce simmer for two hours before use.
Lasagna Tomato Sauce
A luxurious Lasagna Tomato Sauce recipe that pairs ground beef with a decadent seasoned tomato sauce.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup White Wine, dry
- 24 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Oregano, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and add chopped onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add carrots and water if needed. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Break up the ground beef and Italian sausage in the pan. Cook over medium heat until no pink parts remain.
- Stir in the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add in tomato sauce and tomato paste then season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 2 hours.
- Use this as your sauce and meat layer for a homemade lasagna.
- You can substitute the tomato sauce with a marinara sauce instead.
- The more you let the sauce simmer, the tastier it will be.
- Feel free to add a pinch of nutmeg to enhance the flavor.
- If you don’t plan on using it the same day, allow the sauce to cool completely before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 921mg | Potassium: 664mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1673IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our 11 Best Lasagna Tips post.