When unexpected guests arrive, or you need a quick appetizer to feed a crowd, flatbread pizza is an excellent go-to. With a few simple ingredients, you can easily create a light appetizer or entrée that your friends and family will love. This recipe is enough to make one large pizza, but you can double or triple it if necessary. You won’t want to lose this recipe, it’s a definite keeper!
Margherita Flatbread Pizza Recipe (No Yeast)
A luxurious Margherita Flatbread Pizza No Yeast recipe that pairs homemade dough with a decadent tomato and mozzarella topping.
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¾ cup Bread Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Milk, + 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, dry, shredded
- 2 Tomatoes, large, thinly sliced
- fresh basil leaves, fresh
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the first six dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm up milk and butter in a microwave until butter is just melted.
- Incorporate the milk mixture with your dry ingredients using a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle a large cutting board with flour, and knead your dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll it out into two thin flatbreads.
- Transfer prepared flatbread onto baking sheets.
- Drizzle each flatbread with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle them with oregano.
- Bake them for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top with tomato slices and bake again until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
- Just before serving, spray the pizza with more extra virgin olive oil.
Calories: 789kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1053mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1606IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 496mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Pinsa with Arugula and Prosciutto Recipe post.