Rose pasta sauce blends the best of a white sauce and a traditional tomato sauce into one cohesive pasta sauce. This recipe is definitely a crowd-pleaser, so you’ll want to make a big batch of rose pasta sauce the next time you’re serving pasta to your guests. Look no further for the ultimate creamy, vegetarian-friendly pasta sauce.
Rose Pasta Sauce Recipe
A luxurious Rose Pasta Sauce recipe which pairs cream with a decadent seasoned tomato sauce.
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, granulated
- 2 cups Tomato Puree, canned
- 6 ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Basil, dried
- Cooked Pasta, to serve with the sauce
- Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Warm up a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Saute the shallot, then add the tomato puree, sugar, and seasonings to the pan.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Incorporate the heavy cream to create your rose pasta sauce and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite cooked pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
- This sauce pairs well with any type of pasta.
- Feel free to use half-and-half instead of heavy cream in this recipe.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1296IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Pink Pasta Recipes post.